Wednesday, April 18

SugarSprout



Incredibly happy that they finally have Instagram for Android. :)


Very peaceful morning as I contemplate how I've changed over the years.  Primarily, the childish thought  that I could make major life changes overnight.  Diet changes are a perfect example.  If I messed up, suddenly it was all wasted, and then I would keep putting off when to "start over."  The temptation of not being allowed something always made it more appealing, making it so difficult not to cheat!  The difference is now I know that I am making the choice not to cheat myself- no one else's opinion is keeping me from it.


I'm a vegetarian of about 5 or so months, and if I ever slip up I go right back to strictly observing a no meat diet.  I used to be so concerned with what others would say if they new I had messed up, because truthfully there are some people who feel a need to discredit the accomplishments or choices of others.  Even to this day I have had a "friend" say I am not a real vegetarian, because I had a craving for meat before.  Or, perhaps it is because I do not fit perfectly into any of the vegetarian categories.  I do eat some dairy products, like goat cheese, but I do not drink milk or consume eggs very often.  I like almond, coconut, and soy milk.  I eat no meat or seafood, except shrimp on rare occasion.  I try to limit fast food as much as possible for the fact I believe people should be very aware of what goes into their bodies- and no one in their right minds would consider McDonald's a legitimate nutritious option if they really thought about what goes into it.  It is an indulgence, an indulgence that has become all to common place.  I chose this path because I felt it was the healthiest for my body, someone else might say to be truly healthy I need to do so and so...


The truth is- no one else's opinion really matters if you have come to terms with yourself.  It is similar to my last post about me being attacked for "not being religious."  Life is a continuous opportunity to start over.  What I was not yesterday, I can become today.  What I did not do 30 minutes ago, I can do now.  Do not lose the many chances in front of you by making excuses.  Every decision throughout your day is an opportunity for improvement.  Today, I already made the choices to wake up early, to be a more consistent blogger, and to keep my diet light and healthy (I gave in to pizza yesterday!).  These are small choices on the whole of things, but the philosophy can be applied to larger choices as well.  I challenge you not to give in to your past vices, to move forward, and accept bad choices when they happen.  Never dwell in the past or you lose your opportunity to live in the present.


Move forward.