Saturday, April 27

Segovia

 The famous aqueduct 
 Segovia's beautiful cathedral, similar to Salamanca's and the last of its style to be built. 
 Alcázar Castle 
 Fountain detail up close at Segovia's mini version of Versailles
 Why don't my baths look this cool?


 Baby angels riding giant fish? Adorable. 
 Fountain a bit further away. 
 Reindeer? Crazy animals. 

"Tourists don't know where they've been, travelers don't know where they're going." -Paul Theroux

I chose the quote above because I find it comforting.  The fact that there is a little less than three weeks left in my adventurous year makes it impossible not to wonder where I'll go next.  All the options and uncertainties get overwhelming.  The future is an open question.  This quote reminds me that I don't need to know exactly where my next step will lead, as long as I never stop exploring. 

xxx