Saturday, August 8

Fall Fashion Muse

Most television shows lack real creativity or imagination. It's season after season of the same fame obsessed trashy type of people, celebrities, and "reality" t.v. I can't stand it but I do have a weakness for television dramas like Mad Men. Set in the '60s world of advertisement, affairs, and New York City the show is addicting to watch. Of course I'm drawn to the Great Gatsby-esque story lines but at times even more so the style. Is it any surprise when it was the era of Jackie O, and Marilyn Monroe? I haven't been the only one to notice apparently, Banana Republic "Mad" ads and articles on the Mad Men cast & costumes have been everywhere. It's my inspiration for Fall. There is a grand emphasis on shape and a sort of glamour or feminine mystique that has been lost.