Thursday, May 28

Support Our Troops

"Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines.."
I think sometimes people get so caught up in their convictions that they lose sight of the actual people who are affected. When people have these strong beliefs as to what is wrong and what is right they don't think in terms of the individuals who are actually living it. It's easy to say one thing, and to defend that belief and yet contradict it the second it applies to someone you know. Abortion, sex, drinking, drugs, racism, discrimination, war, it hold's true for all these things. I've always seen things this way, and I used to think it meant I was weak. I couldn't decide. I see now that my ability to be realistic enables me to be a better person. It could solve so much, if we could all open our eyes, if we didn't have to wait for it to reach someone we know or someone we love in order to be alittle more understanding.

Lately what's moved me is war. I don't support the war. Yet I can't sit here and say the war is dumb so I hate everyone involved. I support the troops. I support those men and women risking their lives, because they deserve that respect.